The Value of Healthcare Advisory Boards
An advisory board is a structured, collaborative method for organisations to engage experienced stakeholders working within current practice to gain advice. The advice sought will differ but may support important situations from anything such as:
- Launching or leading expansion into new indications / markets
- Understanding the scope and potential for new approaches / opportunities (e.g. data generation, supporting market change)
- Optimising communications approaches (e.g. medical education, value proposition)
- Tackling a specific business challenge (e.g. managing reimbursement, responding to new market entrants, LOE)
- Managing crisis (e.g. chronic supply challenges)
Why Use a Healthcare Advisory Board?
Advisory boards can take different forms, depending on requirements but typically the core components for successful delivery are:
- Clear purpose, scope and objectives
- An independent and expert facilitator
- A set of carefully selected independent advisors with relevant experience
- A well designed structure that maximises engagement & outcomes
- Clear and timely communications, including follow-up measures
Because advisors are engaged very specifically to support the scope of the topic(s) in hand it is possible to explore the areas in question in a significant amount of depth. This can help to understand and validate key issues but also to test ideas, solutions and invite alternatives. Assuming carefully selected, diverse advisors are on the advisory board, confidence that the insights received is ensured and insights can be reasonably applied towards a larger customer group in the market.
One-off or Ongoing Advice?
Advisory Boards can be project-based (or even one-off) or can be set up to support longer-term goals, providing regular (but usually infrequent) input and advice.
Project-based Advisory Board
- For advice on a specific or short-term issue
- Potential to select the best mix of appropriate advisors for the purpose
- Advisors may need support to ‘get up to speed’ with the business situation
Ongoing Advisory Board
- For input to support longer-term strategic aims / programs
- Potential to build on existing advice to develop and hone approach
- Ongoing communication & varied approaches help keep advisors engaged
Why Choose Triducive To Facilitate Your Advisory Boards?
With a deep understanding of the pharmaceutical and life-sciences industry and over 10 years designing, organising and facilitating multi-disciplinary advisory boards, our experience is difficult to rival.
Our experience extends across a wide range of stakeholders, therapy areas and settings:
Stakeholders / Advisors
- General Practitioners
- Health system managers
Therapy areas (non-exhaustive)
- Cardiovascular disease
- Surgical procedures
- Global / Regional / Local
…and our clients
“Triducive are experts in their field and ensure that they keep up to date with the ever-changing industry. They apply extensive experience from a variety of brands and global markets to a project.”
Make sure you avoid the common pitfalls of running advisory boards, or, even better, why not contact us to discuss how we can help organise your next advisory board.
Contact Us To Help You Organise Your Next Advisory Board
Triducive can design and deliver advisory boards tailored to the needs of your business, with the impact you seek at the fore.
Contact us to discuss how we could help make your next advisory board a success by getting in touch with a member of the Triducive team or schedule a meeting directly with the team today.